So I realize I still haven't posted pictures as I promised I would... but that's because everytime I have time to blog, I'm NEVER on the computer that has pictures. So sorry folks, I know pics are much more entertaining than my ramblings, but for now, you'll just have to read a little bit more.
This past weekend Kendall, Chelsi, and Beckett came to visit and it was a great weekend :) On Saturday we had waffles, sausage, scrammbled eggs, and dutch honey syrup for breakfast.. YUM. Then after a brief delay with the car, we went down to Ft. Collins and spent a few hours there. We found the "Ross" and shopped for about an hour (amazingly, the boys weren't too opposed) AND I converted Chelsi to the wonders and awesomeness that is Ross. She got some cool decor for her house, and I got a couple more cardigans... as if I actually need more ;)
After shopping, we headed to Beau Jo's. So in case you missed my praise of Beau Jo's in my first post, or for all of you who have never heard of this amazing pizzaria, let me explain. It's delicious. By far one of the best pizza places I've ever been to. The crust is definitely what makes it over-the-top-good, but all the ingredients are fresh and wonderful. The crust is thick- I mean THICK.. Probably a good 2 or 3 inches or purely delicious bread. And the best part is, that they have a Colorado honey for you to eat the crust with. I know this might sound odd at first, but believe me when I say that it is the most amazing end to a slice of pizza. If you don't believe me, Zane and Kendall would agree that it's awesome. But the pizza wasn't the only center of attention- Beckett, in all of his cuteness and adorable glory, had the whole restaurant watching him giggle and play in his high chair, and of course eat a baby cheese pizza. I suggested that Kendall and Chelsi figure out a way to make some money on how cute he is- all in favor, raise your hand. ;)
*Raised hand*
But seriously, he's pretty much the coolest little guy out there- he totally rocks a fohawk, DCs, and sunglasses. Need I say more?
So after we got back from Ft. Collins, Zane and Kendall (both of whom were dressed in shorts and yellow UW golf shirts might I add) headed off to the golf course, leaving us girls and Beckett at home. We promptly began a Harry Potter marathon. We didn't make it all the way through the entire saga, but we can check the first 3 movies off the list.
On Sunday, the highlight of the day for me was lunch- grilled chicken, mashed potatoes- I mean super creamy and wonderful (in my oh-so-humble opinion) mashed potatoes due to the sour cream, butter, milk, and cream cheese added to them, and then of course, the dessert. Now apparently "banana pudding" in North Carolina is not the same thing as it is in Star Valley. According to Zane, Kendall, and Chelsi, it's simply that- banana flavored pudding. Now I'm not trying to be a brat (honest) but I have to admit that I think the way my mama always made banana pudding wins out. Here's the recipe if you want to try it for yourself :)
"Southern" Banana Pudding
1 (5 oz.) pkg vanilla instant pudding -- or -- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk -- or --- 1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1 8 oz. carton cool whip
1 box vanilla wafers
4 bananas
Mix pudding mix and milk with mixer or wire whisk. Stir in condensed milk. Fold in cool whip and stir until mixture is blended well. Layer vanilla wafers, sliced bananas and pudding mixture. You can use a rectangular dish or a pretty bowl.
Save two vanilla wafers to crush and sprinkle over the top. You can also get a larger carton of cool whip and use the extra to spreak over the top and then sprinkle crushed wafers on top. Let it chill in the fridge before serving.
So there it is- if you have any questions, give me a holler.
Anyways, all-in-all, it was a great weekend and we're so glad they came to visit! And I'm happy to report that although our apartment definitely isn't baby-proof, Beckett nor any of our things are hurt or broken (I was honestly a little nervous that he might try to climb the bookcases and pull one on top of himself. That scenario gratefully didn't happen..)
Conclusion to all of this? There isn't anything much better in the world, to me at least, than enjoying good food with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment