Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Thursday!

First of all, Happy Birthday to my wonderful dad! I hope it's a great day!


Now to update y'all on the past week...

We bought a hutch a couple weeks ago and it needed a little bit of work. But after going back and forth on what color to paint it, we decided to do a fresh coat of white. The pictures probably won't do it justice (or show the fresh paint) but oh well. We added trim to the front of the shelves, as well as half round and crown molding to the top, then after painting, we added new brushed nickel hardware.

Before


After




Tuesday was Zane's birthday and I made him a Cowboy cake- go Pokes! It was a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and a strawberry filling. And of course, we had a few Star Valley friends over to help us eat it! :)





Then on Saturday, as any serious football fans would know, it was the Wyoming/Nebraska game. The size of Laramie literally doubled in size over the weekend. There were 32,000 fans at War Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Zane went some from friends- We sold my ticket to a friend of Zane's so he could take his girlfriend. I was content to not face the crowds, so I had no problem staying home to watch on tv... But Zane was good and did take some pics at the game :)




Well that's all for the updates for now- I better go get ready for work! Happy Thursday y'all- have a great day!



7 comments:

  1. yay! Great post!! And that hutch turned out GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous-- I've always wanted either a nice hutch or a pie safe... I guess a pie safe is probably more toddler-friendly. :P

    Happy late birthday to Zane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out :) And just mention to my mom that you're looking for/wanting a pie chest. I promise you she'll find one. She has this uncanny ability to ALWAYS find what she's looking for, whether it be for herself or someone else... and she'll find it at a great price might I add :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hutch!! Y'all are so talented!!! :)Love, Bes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and awesome cake too!! Looks like you all are having fun in Laramie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bes! Laramie is great- we're really enjoying it here :) And Zane helped cut the trim for the hutch.. I couldn't figure out how to get the right 45 degree angles! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hutch Marie! Nicely done! And that is a good idea to tell your mom what we are looking for, I don't know why I never think of that:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brenda, I love it too! :) I had a blast fixing it up.

    ReplyDelete