Ok, so I realize it has been FOREVER since I posted. Sorry folks. Life has been a little crazy over the past month...
We left off with Cheyenne Frontier Days.. So let's just recap what has happened since then. We went to Bear Lake with Zane's family and had a blast (sadly I only got one good picture of the group- I'll post it soon!)
The following weekend my parents and brother came to visit us for a week and it was wonderful seeing them. We took them to some of our favorite places in Laramie and the surrounding area. David took some AMAZING pictures.. and as soon as I have a few of them in jpeg format, I'll post them too :)
The week after my parents left, Zane started back in school for the fall semester, and I began teaching piano lessons to a little girl in our ward. She just turned 8 yesterday and is doing so good with her lessons!
Anyways, continuing with the update: On August 31st my mother had a birthday- Happy Birthday Ma! (a little late- sorry). I'm glad it was great day for you! And I love this pic, so no other explanation needed ;)
So moving on... Labor Day weekend was spent at the Erickson reunion, and other than our camper being water damaged and unusable for the weekend, it was a great time- with LOTS of great food! If any of you have any pictures you want me to post, please email them to me! I totally forgot to take out my camera! :(
And as most of you know, Zane and I also visited a specialist that weekend who informed us that unless we quit eating sugar/breads/processed foods for a couple months, we could potentially develop diabetes in the next few years. BUT if we go on this diet and get the amount of sugar/yeast in our blood stream under control (and then keep it in control) we'll greatly lessen our chances of developing diabetes or other diseases... SO although most of our friends and family doubt our ability to do so, here's our update. We've been eating salads and water-based veggie soups for the past 5 days. Snacks have included almonds and veggies. The biggest accomplishment for us was when I made peach cobbler for our ward party on Friday night and we didn't have it or any other dessert! Then we brought the leftovers to the Star Valley boys to finish off. They were most appreciative ;) So as far as the diet goes, we tried juicing our breakfast the first morning, and after barely keeping 32 oz. of veggie juice down, we decided that we'd have to try juicing again a little later- and maybe just 8 oz. at a time instead of 32 oz.... We took pics of drinking our first sip, and oh they're awful. But don't worry, I'll probably post one of those too.
However, the exciting news is that as of this morning, I am down 5 lbs. and Zane is down 7 lbs.!! Yay us!
Another quick update is that our ward was dissolved yesterday, so we've been reassigned to the Ridgeview ward. Some of our friends from the former Washington Park ward are also in the Ridgeview ward now, but most of our friends have been assigned to different wards. *sigh* oh well. Life goes on. I'm just hoping that we make new friends and like the callings we'll get!
And of course, last but not least, Happy Birthday to Shannon! (Sorry this post is a day late! It's been a while since I've been on here...) Hope that you had a wonderful day chica! te quiero! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment